Lithgow rifles

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Shep25
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .17 remington

Re: Lithgow rifles

Post by Shep25 »

[quote=Tackleberry post_id=246740 time=1519141913 user_id=3407]
shep25 I have had a 101 22 for about 2 years and for the little use It gets I cant complain .
there are some feeding issues with their mag but they are easy to fix .
but be warned it is a fair lump compared to a CZ .
I got my trigger down to 18oz so it is a nice shooter .
hope this helps

Thanks for that Tackleberry , looks like a very nice rifle you have there. Looks like it shoots well with you behind it as well.
Cheers for the videos , do the subs seem to work better than other ammo in your rifle?
Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers Bob
crackers17
.243 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6mm dasher

Post by crackers17 »

Yep i do have a 102 in 308 great rifle. Bery well made
matang
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by matang »

I plan to buy a lithgow 223 laminted stock with black action. I really like the look of that combination. Wasnt impressed with the stock when it first come out as I prefer traditional stocks like the sako varmint. But after trying Craigs it just works. Feels good shooting off a bench or out window or bonnet of ute or bipod. (Which is how I would be using it)Not so good with a standing shot in hunting situation. Theres better designed rifles for that purpose. I follow the lithgow facebook page and everyone seems to be getting exceptional accuracy using factory ammmo.
A lot of bang for your money at around $1400. Mostly just want one in the safe because it is Australian Made and it is of my opinion that all aussie shooters should support Australian made when its possible.

Just on the Sako(bloody nice rifles) I believe they are over priced and not great value for money. Tikka (lithgow as well) are better made actions than the more expensive sako
If tikka had there varmint actons in a sako varmint stock available from factory they would sell shit loads and not many sako varmints. But they know this
Shep25
.17 HMR

Post by Shep25 »

matang wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 am I plan to buy a lithgow 223 laminted stock with black action. I really like the look of that combination. Wasnt impressed with the stock when it first come out as I prefer traditional stocks like the sako varmint. But after trying Craigs it just works. Feels good shooting off a bench or out window or bonnet of ute or bipod. (Which is how I would be using it)Not so good with a standing shot in hunting situation. Theres better designed rifles for that purpose. I follow the lithgow facebook page and everyone seems to be getting exceptional accuracy using factory ammmo.
A lot of bang for your money at around $1400. Mostly just want one in the safe because it is Australian Made and it is of my opinion that all aussie shooters should support Australian made when its possible.

Just on the Sako(bloody nice rifles) I believe they are over priced and not great value for money. Tikka (lithgow as well) are better made actions than the more expensive sako
If tikka had there varmint actons in a sako varmint stock available from factory they would sell shit loads and not many sako varmints. But they know this
Cheers for the reply mate.
I was looking at a Tikka 204 but the draw of the lithgo 223 is getting stronger.
Looking like I will be getting a lithgow 22lr at least with maybe 2 more in 223 and yes maybe a Creedmoor depending on finances.
Love the idea of aussie made as we all should if quality and accuracy is comparable.

Cheers Bob.
matang
.204 Ruger

Post by matang »

Cheers for the reply mate.
I was looking at a Tikka 204 but the draw of the lithgo 223 is getting stronger.
Looking like I will be getting a lithgow 22lr at least with maybe 2 more in 223 and yes maybe a Creedmoor depending on finances.
Love the idea of aussie made as we all should if quality and accuracy is comparable.

Cheers Bob.

Dont discount a tikka varmint in 204R. Probably the best out of box rifle/caliber available for foxes. (2 custom 204R in my safe)
Shep25
.17 HMR

Post by Shep25 »

[quote=matang post_id=246783 time=1519264605

Dont discount a tikka varmint in 204R. Probably the best out of box rifle/caliber available for foxes. (2 custom 204R in my safe)
[/quote]

Well matang, just ordered myself a Tikka 204R synthetic light i stainless.
Looking forward to using this baby.
Next rifle will be a lithgow 22lr.

Cheers bob
matang
.204 Ruger

Post by matang »

Look forward to some pictures of dead foxes :D
Shep25
.17 HMR

Post by Shep25 »

matang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 am Look forward to some pictures of dead foxes :D
Cant wait for it to get here so i can fill in the PTA and get the ball rolling.
Bring my first rifle it may take a while then :hunting: i Will go.😁
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Quick, change for the varmint before it’s too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matang
.204 Ruger

Post by matang »

trevort wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:01 pm Quick, change for the varmint before it’s too late

👍
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

he isn't listening Matt
Shep25
.17 HMR

Post by Shep25 »

matang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:19 am
trevort wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:01 pm Quick, change for the varmint before it’s too late

👍
trevort wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:21 am he isn't listening Matt
Yes i am listening trevort.
Just got off the phone and changed my order over to the stainless varmint barrel..
I hope it is worth lugging around the extra weight.
matang
.204 Ruger

Post by matang »

Shep25 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 am
matang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:19 am

👍
trevort wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:21 am he isn't listening Matt
Yes i am listening trevort.
Just got off the phone and changed my order over to the stainless varmint barrel..
I hope it is worth lugging around the extra weight.
You wont regret it. I did think to myself that you made a mistake going the stainless light🤔 but didnt want to rain on your excitement. You will be glad Trevort did. 😉Not that heavy and will sit nice and steady on longer shots and consistently more accurate 👍