Hi CZ

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Hi CZ

Post by Waldo »

PTA arrived today, why do they always arrive after a weekend and never just before?

Picked her up after work, thru an olivon 2x7x32 scope I had on and it looks ok.
Put the trigger gauge on it and it comes up at 3lb 8oz so a bit of work to do there and it needs a good clean.
A couple of jobs to do during the week.
Cheers
Waldo
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Re: Hi CZ

Post by mick_762 »

Looks good Waldo, hope to read your range report soon when you work out what it likes to eat.
223 fanboy
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by 223 fanboy »

Excellent Waldo.

We expect to see some targets or dead critters next Monday.
Sako 22-250
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by Sako 22-250 »

Very good Waldo
Looking forward to future hunt reports :D :D
Cheers Mark
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Yeh, thanks guy's, I'm looking forward to putting a few thru it.
Another pic or two off the phone, nothing special in the wood department but it will be serviceable:
Pic before the scope went on:
The barrel channel looks like it needs a little more space as a piece of paper slips in there but it is kinda snug, may get some sandpaper out or have a crack at a builders bog bedding job :roll: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, a few jobs to do and next weekend I've got some clay targets to break so got a bit of time up my sleeve. Yeh, may have to sneak in a visit somewhere :D

Cheers,
Waldo
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

The rings seem very high Waldo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

trevort wrote:The rings seem very high Waldo

Not when you see how much clearance the scope has with the bolt :o They are mediums, lows definitely would not work so mediums it is (x32mm scope makes it look a little higher too).
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

and make sure you clean out packing grease well. I bought mine as nearly new second hand. Previous owner had fired it without proper cleaning. I assumed it had been cleaned until rounds started spraying. Took hours of scrubbing to find the rifling again :(
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

trevort wrote:and make sure you clean out packing grease well. I bought mine as nearly new second hand. Previous owner had fired it without proper cleaning. I assumed it had been cleaned until rounds started spraying. Took hours of scrubbing to find the rifling again :(

I was going to use the WD40 down the tube (works wonders on plastic crud in shotgun barrels) let it sit then a .17 jag thru it a few times and repeat if neccessary then I'll use a .22cal bore snake to finish it off. Should do the job :D
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Finally got your little prezzy off yesterday Ross, or the daughter did. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Camel wrote:Finally got your little prezzy off yesterday Ross, or the daughter did. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Cool, love surprises.

I'm not sure if I should be excited or scared, I'll go with excited :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Sounds like you have it sorted. Looking forward to the range report

Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Trigger tuning is on hold while I wait for the Lowey kit to arrive :D Awesome service from the Lowey folk too, emailed them last night sometime, got a quick response last night too and a couple of emails later and I had an invoice and had was EFT'ing them some coin. The kit was going in the post today 8) It'd be bloody awesome if it turns up tomorrow, not likely but awesome :roll:

Anyway, I gave the barrel a bit of a clean tonight. It wasn't looking real flash so a patch or two of Hoppes on the .17 rod and jag then some dry patches thru. Gave it good squirt of WD40 then went and fed the chooks, collected a egg, patted the dogs then came back and patched it out. Oiled patch then dry patch and a run with bore snake to finish it off. Came up looking a treat 8)

This weekend it won't get a run and the next weekend is kinda busy too. So I'll get the trigger kit thing done and sand an extra little clearance to the barrel channel over the next week or so and it'll be ready to go :rifle:

Gotta admit its been kinda fun stuffing around with it, looking forward to shoot it though :D

Cheers,
Waldo
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

I can feel the satisfaction from here

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Some CZ barrels sure take some cleaning when new, sounds like you are enjoying the job