Rimfire accuracy.

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Rigpig
Favourite Cartridge: 45-70

Re: Rimfire accuracy.

Post by Rigpig »

I have a savage 22lr that i always struggled to get a good grouping with wasnt terible but never better than 50mm at that distance.
About 2 months ago i got a 17hmr with a thumb hole stock on it i loved the stock and while awaiting my licence stripped the gun and rebuilt my 22lr with the ss triger gard and the thumbhole stock. Looks and feels awesome. There is a good gap around the barrel now about 2mm and tye gun shoots 20mm groups with cci stingers. It wouldnt shoot them for shit before.
No idea why but its better now than before my mate reconds the old stock must have been fowling the barrel.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

Rigpig wrote:I have a savage 22lr that i always struggled to get a good grouping with wasnt terible but never better than 50mm at that distance.
About 2 months ago i got a 17hmr with a thumb hole stock on it i loved the stock and while awaiting my licence stripped the gun and rebuilt my 22lr with the ss triger gard and the thumbhole stock. Looks and feels awesome. There is a good gap around the barrel now about 2mm and tye gun shoots 20mm groups with cci stingers. It wouldnt shoot them for shit before.
No idea why but its better now than before my mate reconds the old stock must have been fowling the barrel.
Have you tried the CCi Standards in the Savage, they should group around half that (savages seem to shoot em well) the daughters sure does I know that much, they seem to roll the bunnies over well considering they are a solid (headshots)
Rigpig
Favourite Cartridge: 45-70

Post by Rigpig »

bigfellascott wrote:
Rigpig wrote:I have a savage 22lr that i always struggled to get a good grouping with wasnt terible but never better than 50mm at that distance.
Have you tried the CCi Standards in the Savage, they should group around half that (savages seem to shoot em well) the daughters sure does I know that much, they seem to roll the bunnies over well considering they are a solid (headshots)
I put about 2 large boxes so 1000+ federal rounds through it and a bucket and a half of rem they didnt do much better and heeps of fliers i found the cci lphp to shoot beter but the fast rounds seem to shoot a bit flatter and more forgiving shooting between 50m to 75m they make a better thump when you hit the bunnies as well