Has anyone added weight to a T3 lite stock

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
sometime shooter
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: Has anyone added weight to a T3 lite stock

Post by sometime shooter »

Thanks guys I am shooting this weekend well pending on the weather as it has just been typical winter weather down here, hopefully Canberra will be better than the farm. starts out ok but every afternoon just becomes bloody miserable. Anyway back on topic, I didn't know that the stock was somewhat modular and I used to sell the thing's. will probably try to add weight to the existing stock for now, will see how I shoot on Saturday.
zook60
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by zook60 »

Take the recoil pad off, fill the stock with as much rice as you can tapp it on the ground as you do it to get as much In as posible. If later you want more weight drop some lead shot in the mix.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

zook60 wrote:Take the recoil pad off, fill the stock with as much rice as you can tapp it on the ground as you do it to get as much In as posible. If later you want more weight drop some lead shot in the mix.
Zombie survival tip #1: You can eat the rice if desperate.

On my stock, I removed the useless wafers of foam from inside the stock and added some larger medium density foam bits. The factory foam does nothing to make the stock feel/sound better. The average synthetic stock has a surprising amount of space in it.
sometime shooter
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by sometime shooter »

Hmmmm I shot on the weekend bloody cold but since I have only shot the comp twice and the first time I shot 6 this time I shot 16. I hit 7 pigs so I will probably just leave it as is. Might just have to work out some loads with target projectiles, at the moment only using taipan HP's 120's and 140's for rams. Still shoot's MOA out to 4oo.