Tikka Delemma 1st Centrefire

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
matang
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Re: Tikka Delemma 1st Centrefire

Post by matang »

I think you might find the steiner wont be available for a few months as the distributor (beretta) had to send them all back to Germany as they had some problems with the scopes I think parallax
Mr Fluffy
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Mr Fluffy »

Matang I looked through the scope on Saturday and am picking up the gun tomorrow. Guess what i'm doing on the weekend?

This has been a little while in the making.

Any tips on bullets being used for rabbits, foxes and roos being use by you guys and at what price per 20 your paying would be greatly appricated.

Leigh.

:D :D :D
223 fanboy
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by 223 fanboy »

Hi Mr Fluffy,

I found the Highland 55gr softpoint worked well in my T3 (1in12 twist)
The Highlands here made by PPU and re-branded. They're now being sold in Oz as PPU.
They work well on all the species you've mentioned, as well as on small NSW pigs.
They grouped the best from the factory rounds I tried, and where the cheapest.
This is a plot of my first group with the Highlands (shot at 100m, all dimensions in mm)
highland.jpg
highland.jpg (15.87 KiB) Viewed 214 times
I kept the brass and reload them with the Sierra super roo (55gr SBT #1365K). Some gun shops will rebag them in lots of 100, but the 1000 boxes are good value if you'll be doing a lot of shooting.
This is a plot of a group with the sierra reloads. My technique improved quite a bit between groups.
sierra.jpg
sierra.jpg (15.75 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Neither the PPU or the Super Roos are sexy or exciting, but gee they do a good job.

Cheers
Mr Fluffy
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Mr Fluffy »

Thanks 223,

Well it's done. I now have a 223 lite with the Steiner sitting the gun safe. My only problem now is my next 3 weekends are all book.