New toys

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Dave.223
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmBR

Post by Dave.223 »

That is a beautiful piece of work and I have drooled on my keyboard. With all these nice rifles to look at, I'll be in trouble when they connect the internet to my work desk!
point blank

Post by point blank »

fabulous looking rifle, first class finish by SC
re 308...readily available match brass, a huge range of match projectiles, and think theres a theory that larger cal makes it a bit ewasier to get a extemely fine finish (?) and they are proven at long range.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

wem,

308 because I had a 308 Tobler match barrel in 1:13. I am thinking about a 6 x 47 just need to pick up a 6mm barrel.

pointblank,

308 are well proven as a taeregt round but it has also got a lot of competion these days. Don't know about the finish thing though.

cheers
Rinso
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

Rinso.. piss off.. leave the 6mm to me!! HA!!!

Cheers
AI
malcolm
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 35 Whelan

Post by malcolm »

Who makes the 20 MOA rails? If I had a set of them I may try the 1000m shoot. I just run out of elevation at 500m with my Leupold
Malcolm
wem

New toys

Post by wem »

Malcolm,
Give Geoff Grenfell in Bendigo a ring, he makes them
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Rinso »

malcolm,

Shane Clancy can also set you up with some

AI,
I have a 1:8 twist 6mm barrel for my HG which may end up a 6 x 47 HG and then we will see who is HA HA :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers
Rinso
Sam Walker
.222 Remington

Post by Sam Walker »

Re the .308 - I recently went to Darwin and got a quick tour of Bob Dyer's projectile factory. He only makes 155gn .308 projectiles (fullbore) and they are apparently very consistent (I don't have the measuring tools yet) because he doesn't do "runs" of other cals or weights. So while they aren't the best BC wise, at least you can be sure of consistency. I bought a box of 1000 ($280) but haven't had time to put them to the test yet
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Rinso »

Sam,

I recently obtained some Dyer 155's and have not yet had a chance to look at them (I got 20 off a mate). I have checked them in the past (sometime back) and found them to be all over the place as far as specs go, I will stick to Lapua 155's for LR BR.
But may look at these for F class if they show any consistancy because they are a lot cheaper than Sierra's

Let me know what you think of them.

cheers
Rinso
Sam Walker
.222 Remington

Post by Sam Walker »

He's only been at it for a few years so maybe the earlier production is not as good ? but good for Fullbore is not the same as good in Benchrest or Fly..I'll get to shoot some of mine soon and post results.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Rinso »

Sam,

Not intending to bag the bloke or his bullets .. just an observation of the last batch I had. As you can see I am still checking his gear as I would love to see an Aussie making these pills to a high standard.

Still let me know how yours go and I will tell you how these measure up.

cheers
Rinso