22 Hornet Accuracy

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

22 Hornet Accuracy

Post by MISSED »

This is a group Mrs Missed shot with the little BRNO 50m over the bonnet of the paterick.12.3 grns of WW driving a 33 grn Speer and ignited by CCI small pistol primers.Mrs Missed had not pulled a trigger since Kerriets visit last Septober so I was pleased enough with the group a couple of fliers :roll: and It was not until I had a look at the empties that I realised I had loaded the magazine with a couple of rounds that had been sparked by CCI small rifle primers. :shock:
Jasonf's Annis stock 380 (Small).jpg
(21.79 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Jasonf's Annis stock 377 (Small).jpg
(50.55 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Jasonf's Annis stock 378 (Small).jpg
(41.91 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
I was pleasantly surprised how quickly she picked up on setting the rear trigger.
Gunnie
Favourite Cartridge: 257RobertsAI

Re: 22 Hornet Accuracy

Post by Gunnie »

Well done mate. Good to see another BRNO Hornet.
Would love to spend some time doing load developement for mine but have too many other jobs on and will be moving to NSW to start new job in a fortnights time. Hoping to take a gats with me so I can get back into competitive shooting again, but not taking the BRNO's. :cry:
Am looking to reload my ZKW465 with some 33grainers and trying the small pistol primers too. Any thoughts, feedback on your loads using the SP primers?
Cheers
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: 22 Hornet Accuracy

Post by MISSED »

Gunnie the three lower holes (which should have been upper :? )are the small rifle primers.The other 6 :shock: are with small pistol primers.