Banana Coast

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Banana Coast

Post by steven »

Off to Coffs Harbour tomorrow to give Chris Tyne some hurry up....will post results for top 3 each day and AV members results as well....leaving Rowey at home so she doesn't show up the boys but will take her rifle as a back up in case the Bat isn't on the boil.

Steve
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Re: Banana Coast

Post by Kenny »

Good luck Stevo and Chris :D

Looking forward to seeing the results.....pretty stiff competition over there...keep an eye on those Newie blokes...their all burgalars ya know :lol:

KY
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Ok after spending the morning playing Mr mom to the soccer rats the young bloke and myself went north to check out what was happening up at Dairyville,(I didnt compete as mummy was away and the loyal manslave had to be soccerdad for the morning).
I met the leader of the Tamworth maffia Mr Steve Nash,and a few of the other faces were familiar from the rimfire comps,conditions looked to be pretty good and some of the groups shot at 200mtr's reflected that,I missed the 100mtrs as I arrived to late.
I will let Steve post the updates as I dont have a clue who was placed where.

Regards Chris.
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

Well Kenneth,

Light Varmint results are:

Keith Highfield .1642 (pending Aust. record) + (pending small group record .047")
Morrie Williams .1880
Richard Drozdowski .2088

Robin Elton .2365
Barry Warwick .2386
Laurie Bowe .2563

Grand Agg
Barry Warwick .2323
Keith Highfield .2420
Morrie Williams .2447 (also shot a .193 screamer at 200)

I was the only AusVarmint member there...I was 5th @ 100....13th @ 200 & 9th in the Grand.

Chris was there checking it all out but wasn't shooting.

The Newcastle boys were few and far between Kenny...only Trev and Keith are here.

Conditions at 100 were the best I've seen but the winds came up for 200 and made it fairly sporting.

Steve
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Stevo,

HOLY SHIT :lol:

Awesome shooting by Keith .......records tumble yeah..... :D

C'mon give us the HV stuff.......mize busting to know what happened today :mrgreen:

Christopher......c'mon mate...I might have to get you down here for a day to get you keen :wink:

KY
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Kenny whats that old saying..........................Oh yeah....next year :D ,look out then :lol: :lol: ,Steve most likely would have done better in the LV 200mtr if...................................................................I wasn't there annoying him :wink: :wink:.Steve it was good to meet and as has been the trend so far you meet some good people in the shooting sports and Steve is another one of them.
Kenny all I gotta do is get the rifle cracking and get a bit of coin together and get out there and have a go.........whoo hoo bring on next year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ,actually bring on the rimfire this year :roll: :roll: .......this will end in tears............................and a cheap rifle for someone Im sure :lol: :wink: .

Regards Chris.
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

For those who aren't members of Benchrest Bulletin here are the Heavy Varmint & 2 Gun results,

Paul Sullivan .1862
Joy Harrison .2044
John Harrison .2166

Paul Sullivan .2568
Steve Sori .2872
Barry Warwick .2995

Grand Agg
Paul Sullivan .2215
Barry Warwick .2605
Richard Drozdowski .2756

Me 16th

2 Gun Grand Agg
Paul Sullivan .2420
Barry Warwick .2462
Richard Drozdowski .2719

Me 9th

Steve
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Stevo,

Not such a bad result after all for yourself :wink: But jeez there's some daylight between the aggs.

Great to see Richard up the pointy end....he seems to have finally got it all together. Has he chucked that VV shit out and gone with the aussie made product ....?

Chris...good to see you were doing my usual job of annoying people.... :lol:

KY
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

Kenny,

If you had been there no doubt you would have been up there...there were flags on all benches but the ones on my rotation all weekend weren't moving when the others were so after a while you worked out why you turned a low 1 into a mid 3 by looking at your flags and not the lot.

Richard shot his Stolle all weekend....the Viper is getting re-built...that might have been a good thing...not sure what powder he was using...the Armidale crowd were on fire at 100 all weekend...hope they don't learn how to shoot 200 to soon :D

Mark and Mitchell had there new rifle there shooting it's first comp and at 100 they were on fire....Mitch shot well at 200 and gave a lot of people a fair flogging...the old fella didn't quite come to terms with the conditions but look out when Mitch gets a handle on it...he beat me in the grand so we are going to have a re-match at Gunnedah next time with me shooting my Remington.

Even though he didn't shoot it was good to meet Chris otherwise I would have had to bag the shit out of him...he better get that Viper up and running so we can give that fancy rifle a shooting lesson :lol:

Get your Fly rifle back together and get here in October so we can hopefully gang up on Flinstone if he comes out to shoot....I did some load development with the 30-284 and its looking good...just need to get the seating depth worked out...I think I've found the right powder charge.

Steve
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Steven,

October October....hmmmm hope you aint talking long weekend...I have a wedding in Orange that weekend :roll: :cry:

It's great to see young Mitchell going hard.....I hope he stays keen...definatelly got the skills that boy :wink:

KY