AV Postal Fly Shoot Rules

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

AV Postal Fly Shoot Rules

Post by kjd »

2007 AusVarminters Postal FLY Comp

Competition Rules

1/ All comp targets to be submitted to the forum(pics please)
2/All comp targets to be shot at registered FLY matchs throughout AUS in 2007(club or SOTY)
3/ Submit your best 3 targets for the year, Total AGG to count..ie 46.1 + 49.2 +43.0 = 138.3.. high score to win

Gun Rules

STOCKS= Factory Varmint Style Stocks Only(max 2.5inch forend width)
BARREL BLOCKS= Not Permited
ACTIONS= Factory Varmint Only (no sleeves ,no aftermarket)
TRIGGERS = SAFE Factory Only
WEIGHT= 12 lbs all up inc scope & attachments

STD 10 FLY RULES to apply(see bottom of target)
Winners Prize is a "Precision Speed" Meplat Uniformer to suit caliber/bullet of your choice(sent to winner after the last shoot of the year)

To my knowledge the 1st shoot is in Brisbane on JAN the 14th(so ya havn't got long) and the last shoot is the SE QLD champs in BRIS on NOV 12th ,the full program should be on ACTbenchrest .com..Good Luck!
Any questions contact Jeff Rogers on jjrog@bigpond.net.au
JR..Jeff Rogers
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

THE FLY SHOOT DATES SO FAR ..

JAN 14th Brisbane QLD
JAN 29th Batemans Bay NSW
FEB 18th Monarto SA
MAR 10th Canberra ACT
MAR 18th Brisbane QLD
APRIL 21st Townsville QLD
APRIL 29th Batemans BayNSW
MAY 5th Little River VIC
MAY 6th Hornsby NSW
MAY 12th Monarto SA
MAY 19th Townsville QLD
JUNE 10th Batemans Bay NSW
JUNE 10th Brisbane QLD
JULY 7th Townsville QLD
AUG 12th Monarto SA
AUG 18th Townsville QLD
SEPT 16th Brisbane QLD
SEPT 22nd Canberra ACT
SEPT 30th Batemans Bay NSW
OCT 7th Monarto SA
OCT 20th Townsville QLD
NOV 12th Brisbane QLD

No word from Tamworth if there will be any shoots at all??? and can someone find out if Hornsby has any club shoots that could be included???..JR..Jeff Rogers..

PS, Just recieved Little River Club shoot dates
Sun 18th FEB
Sun 15th April
Sun 15th July
Sun 21st OCT
So thats 26 shoot dates to try out your Varmint rigs ..
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

FLY POSTAL ENTRY FORM!

Post by a.JR »

HI GUYS ,i know this is a little late ,sorry...This simple entry form will see you in the competition that will end on the 12/11/07 after the last shoot of the year at Belmont..
Please fill it out and either send to me by email or just post it below ..
All entry's accepted as long as the above rules are followed..
U can enter at anytime before the finish of the BRIS 12th NOV shoot..
U can enter more than one gun,But must have 3 targets for each gun..
.No entry fee is required..
Your best 3 targets shot in '07 at one of the matchs listed above are submitted..
For all concerned i would hope that the submitted targets will have the pics posted on this thread ,so we can all see how your going as it unfolds..

2007 AusVarminters Postal 500m FLY Comp

COMPETITORS NAME...........................................................................

EVENT ................................................................................................

DATE..................................................................................................

RANGE OFFICERS Signiture...................................................................

3 TARGET AGG SCORE.........................................................................

GUN SPECIFACTIONS..

STOCK ...............................................................................................

ACTION.................................................................................................

BARREL.................................................................................................

CAL/TWIST...........................................................................................

CARTRIDGE..........................................................................................

WEIGHT...............................................................................................

SCOPE..................................................................................................

REST STYLE.........................................................................................

I am also happy to announce that i will have shortly scored a prize from the gun trade for the smallest group shot by a varmint gun during this year , will confirm the prize ASAP...Good Luck to everyone ..JR..Jeff Rogers
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Friends in high places!

Post by a.JR »

Hi All, I have just secured a prize for the Fly Postal Shoot..Shane Clancy of Gunsmithing fame in Narranderra in NSW has donated a $50 open work order to the smallest group shot during this years comp..This can be used for trigger rework ,bedding ,crowning or any job in reality,at least you know it will be done right...Thanks mate ,See ya in Batemans Bay for the NSW Champs leg..JR..Jeff Rogers
albow
.257 Roberts

Post by albow »

JR

Just trying to clarrify, are the three targets to be from one competition or just picking your best three from the whole year?
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Best 3

Post by a.JR »

Hi Al, The best three you can come up with from the whole year.. So even if you show us three from you first shoot and you do better further on in the year ,then just swap em over to get the best 3..JR..Jeff Rogers..ps i idea behind this is to get more shooters to a FLY comp ,without spending lots with guns they already have..Mabye they might really like it and want to come out with a biggun someday and kick my arse,never know.
al-bow wrote:JR

Just trying to clarrify, are the three targets to be from one competition or just picking your best three from the whole year?
Detritus
.22 WMR

More Clarification..

Post by Detritus »

Hi a.JR,
With the entry form, is that to be filled with every target shot and posted underneath with the pic? The reason i ask is the Range Officer criteria to be filled out, who it is might change where i am for each shoot, or is supposed to be a simple "yes" answer to say all three submitted targets are signed by an RO...

Cheers,
Detritus.
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Re: More Clarification..

Post by a.JR »

Hi Det, I think the one entry is adequate for each shooter ,that way we know your in .. Probably the way i would do it is to get the RO to sign each target u think might be a keeper,then post em all on this thread or just the best you can come up with.. My first target in competition at the FLY was th 53.1 with a 2.9 in group , that was with my silhouette gun ..It would be right for this comp so i figure that approxamatly about a 3.00 in group will be the mark to aim for ..If it was me i would be puttin in anything lower than a 5.00 in and probably a 35 score as well ..JR..Jeff Rogers .. good luck.............................
Detritus wrote:Hi a.JR,
With the entry form, is that to be filled with every target shot and posted underneath with the pic? The reason i ask is the Range Officer criteria to be filled out, who it is might change where i am for each shoot, or is supposed to be a simple "yes" answer to say all three submitted targets are signed by an RO...

Cheers,
Detritus.
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G"day All
simple question - can I use my ruger vt mk11 in the postal fly comp.?
Its been pillar bedded and recrowned and it has the factory trigger but has been lightened.
Regards
Damien Webb
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Answer!

Post by a.JR »

Damien, No wuckers as the say in downtown Bankock(yes)..JR..Jeff Rogers
native hunter wrote:G"day All
simple question - can I use my ruger vt mk11 in the postal fly comp.?
Its been pillar bedded and recrowned and it has the factory trigger but has been lightened.
Regards
Damien Webb
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

can someone please post contact details for club running the little river shoots??

thanks

later
p
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by steven »

Peter at Pro Cal Trading is the man to contact about 500m Fly shoots at Little River.

http://www.ssaavic.com.au/range_eagle.html
Jugs

Little River Fly Shoot

Post by Jugs »

The next Club Fly Shoot is on 15th April
Followed by the VIC champs on 5th May

BR

Jugs :wink:
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

ogre6br,

Will we see you at Little River on the 5th May .... ?????
I see you are looking for something to make your stock work for fly ... I have an old steel stock you can have for $100 if you like. Just re do the bedding to suit your action and your away.

cheers
Rinso
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

Hi Guys

Which club or association runs the Hornsby Fly shoots?

(With any luck) I will be buying a house about 3k's from the range in the next few weeks....So it would make sense to find a local club...

Rabz
(Colin)