Aussie Blind 1000yd Records

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Aussie Blind 1000yd Records

Post by justjeff »

Guys,

I am putting the records together for a project, and have an unknown amongst them. If anyone can help, or thinks they did better, let me know. Remember, this is for blind shooting, not marked.

Light Gun Shooter Result

Small Group D Lynch 3.071
High Score D Goodridge 50.3
Day Agg Group T Zubalj 3.689
Day Agg Score B Noakes 97.1
6 Match Group T Zubalj 4.777
6 Match Score T Zubalj 293.3

Heavy Gun

Small Group J Rogers 4.730
High Score J Rogers 100.4
Day Agg Group Woolcock 5.487
Day Agg Score J Rogers 194.8
6 Match Group J Rogers 5.706
6 Match Score J Rogers 580.15

If anyone knows who the mystery score of 50.3, shot blind with a light gun is, please drop me a PM.

Jeff
Last edited by justjeff on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Re: Aussie Blind 1000yd Records

Post by Tony Z »

Jeff the LG group and score 6 match aggs are lower/higher than that at 4.771 for group and 292.x for score. The 50.3 has been shot twice i believe but pretty sure DG owns it on small group result. I think Bob Noakes has the other one.

What about 10 match? That is the real measure of a gun where daily aggs, groups and scores are just an element of luck and are in my view irrelevant in the bigger picture.
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

Post by dg »

tony and jeff

check the following link for some early results.

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/actbenc ... SULTS.html

unfortunately for unknown reasons, :? :? , it now has only the results from 2001 to 2003.

strange that the 2004 and 2005 results are not listed as well.

i am pretty sure that keith hills shot a 50.3.

surely all clubs should/would record and preserve all results for posterity reasons and for the accurate/factual documentation of the history of australian 1000yd BR.

cheers
dave
justjeff
22-250 Remington

Post by justjeff »

Guys,

Thats why I put the numbers up. Dave, do you have a set of range numbers? I think we may have trouble getting the numbers from Brisbane and Canberra, and help would be appreciated.

Jeff
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

Hi All, Best i have documented is Keith Hills on 28th July 2002 at Canberra was a 50.3 x 4.850 in group .. Sure there has been more 50.3s but don't know the group size to say who owns it .. Up till Nov 2004 all ranges shot the IBS blind system ,ahh the good ole days ..JR..Jeff Rogers
justjeff
22-250 Remington

Post by justjeff »

Guys,

Amended with info to hand. Anyone from Canberra or Brisbane who can offer me their range IBS records would be welcome.

Jeff
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Goes to show how much interest i have these days, didn't even know what i had shot. Close guess.

Jeff you're going to have to get the secret password and/or handshake to extract anything out of Tim Shaw. Pointless as if it does come it will be of zero value.
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

justjeff wrote:Guys,

Amended with info to hand. Anyone from Canberra or Brisbane who can offer me their range IBS records would be welcome.

Jeff
Will have a look through all my stuff when I get home tonight. Probably not going to be of much use, because until I took over the scoring, there was no indication of marked or blind shooting. I could take educated guesses on most of it though.
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Post by a.JR »

Hi all, I have to agree with Tony Z here, Why is the 10 match recognition traditionally connected with 1K bench resisted with such a passion here in AUS.. Probably because the aggregates obtained in some sections of 1000yd benchrest community for 6 match don't even blow wind up the arse of some of the other ranges when averaged into the ten match arena .. I know what my best 10 match groups and scores are from 2011 ( best barrel ) ,it's shame the rest of the H/G shooters would not include the results ,good or bad for permanent records in Australia ..JR.. Jeff Rogers
Tony Z wrote:
What about 10 match? That is the real measure of a gun where daily aggs, groups and scores are just an element of luck and are in my view irrelevant in the bigger picture.
justjeff
22-250 Remington

Post by justjeff »

Jeff,

I agree, but I figured that not too many shooters would know what their 10 match was, and going through all the records to get that would be outright tedious, so didn't ask for it. If I have another big operation, I might do it while I'm still on Endone, so it doesn't hurt as much.

Jeff
Mick
.204 Ruger

Post by Mick »

a.JR wrote:Hi all, I have to agree with Tony Z here, Why is the 10 match recognition traditionally connected with 1K bench resisted with such a passion here in AUS.. Probably because the aggregates obtained in some sections of 1000yd benchrest community for 6 match don't even blow wind up the arse of some of the other ranges when averaged into the ten match arena .. I know what my best 10 match groups and scores are from 2011 ( best barrel ) ,it's shame the rest of the H/G shooters would not include the results ,good or bad for permanent records in Australia ..JR.. Jeff Rogers
I think you will find it has more to do with apathy than resistance...Your club seems to be the only one that cares much about it.
I don't get why you keep pushing this wheelbarrow of division and digs at other clubs though. If you have a personal issue with somebody in those clubs, take it up with them directly.
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Post by a.JR »

You seem to be under an illusion that i give a shit what you think , well your mistaken ,i don't . Your constant disagreement with what i think and say may have some other motive ,but i'm not sure what it is . In this free world i have a right to my opinion and the right to voice it ,just like you do.. Lets beg to differ and leave at that .. If the sanctioning body were fair dinkum about 1000yd benchrest in OZ then we would not be having this banter would we because there would be a set of records for all to see .. JR.. Jeff Rogers
Mick wrote:
a.JR wrote:Hi all, I have to agree with Tony Z here, Why is the 10 match recognition traditionally connected with 1K bench resisted with such a passion here in AUS.. Probably because the aggregates obtained in some sections of 1000yd benchrest community for 6 match don't even blow wind up the arse of some of the other ranges when averaged into the ten match arena .. I know what my best 10 match groups and scores are from 2011 ( best barrel ) ,it's shame the rest of the H/G shooters would not include the results ,good or bad for permanent records in Australia ..JR.. Jeff Rogers
I think you will find it has more to do with apathy than resistance...Your club seems to be the only one that cares much about it.
I don't get why you keep pushing this wheelbarrow of division and digs at other clubs though. If you have a personal issue with somebody in those clubs, take it up with them directly.
Mick
.204 Ruger

Post by Mick »

My disagreement is that you seemingly shit talk people over the internet constantly, for no reason at all. I don't see other clubs getting on here and shitting on what you are doing up there. You seem to be the only one with an issue on how everybody else is doing their thing at their club. You have the right to an opinion, but when that opinion is nothing but negativity toward other clubs, don't be surprised that a huge proportion of people believe you are a bit of a tosser.

It's completely unnecessary, unprovoked and childish. You really need to get over your obsession with what other people are doing at their clubs.
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Post by a.JR »

If there's an obsession ,it's yours with what ever i say ,you get over it ,wanker .. From now on i won't see what you write by using the ignore button it's easier than answering your bull shit .. please do the same ..JR.. Jeff Rogers
Mick wrote:My disagreement is that you seemingly shit talk people over the internet constantly, for no reason at all. I don't see other clubs getting on here and shitting on what you are doing up there. You seem to be the only one with an issue on how everybody else is doing their thing at their club. You have the right to an opinion, but when that opinion is nothing but negativity toward other clubs, don't be surprised that a huge proportion of people believe you are a bit of a tosser.

It's completely unnecessary, unprovoked and childish. You really need to get over your obsession with what other people are doing at their clubs.
Leeroy
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47 Lapua

Post by Leeroy »

G'day Jeff

Some old Brisbane results here..http://www.angelfire.com/planet/longdistance/BRC.html

And from 2012 on the Brisbane club has it's own website with all the results data your looking for.

http://brisbane1000yardbenchrest.com.au/index.html

Hope that's of some help..

Cheers
Leeroy