Brisbane 1000 YD BR Australian Shooting Games

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Leeroy
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47 Lapua

Brisbane 1000 YD BR Australian Shooting Games

Post by Leeroy »

G’day All

As you may know every year in July the Queenland Rifle Association hold it's anual Australian Shooting Games here in Brisbane. The ASG is open to most disciplins under the QRA and our club, the Brisbane 1000 YD Benchrest Club INC will once again be running our 4th Anual 1000 Yard Benchrest Championships on the Internation Range at the Bellmont Shooting complex. The event is shot over 2 days, Sat 30th & Sun 31st July, with a practice day on Fri 29th.
We have also managed to line up a 500M "FLY" shoot for Monday the 1st, at the Harry Madden range, Bellmont shooting Complex.

Details..

Friday 29th Sight In & Practice Day from 9 am
Saturday 30th Competition from 9 am
Light Gun 3 targets (5 shots each plus sighters)
Heavy Gun 2 targets (10 shots each plus sighters)
Sunday 31st Competition from 9 am
Light Gun 3 targets (5 shots each plus sighters)
Heavy Gun 2 targets (10 shots each plus sighters)

ASG MEDALS Gold, Silver, Bronze for Total Score for each class on each day.
Group aggregate winners each day and also,
Overall 2 day Total Score and Group aggregate.
Merchandise from sponsors.

RULES
For a complete copy of the rules please email Annie Elliott annie@benchrest.com.au or go to
http://www.benchrest.com.au and the competitions tab, then 1000 yards.

SUMMARY:
Light Gun weight limit is 17lbs (7.71kgs). Muzzlebrakes are allowed but not clamshell type. Heavy Gun weight is unlimited weight and NO muzzlebrakes. Rifles must be shot over separate front and rear sand bags & rests. No bipods. There is a 6 minute sighting in period (unlimited shots) prior to each record target. Competitors may choose marked shots or blind shots on record target. Competitors may place windflags. We will be using competitor target marking each day (compulsory, see official rules

http://madmick3006.com/AHN/Leeroy/ASG_Entry_Form_11.doc

I have included above a link to download the official entry forms. This needs to be filled out and sent off with your payment to Rex Wigney at the QRA(see form for Rex’s details.) Unfortunately The QRA has put us under the “Full Bore” section and so that’s the section at the top that needs to be filled in with your total fees etc as well as the match specific sections at the bottom.
Please also note that there is also a 500 Metre FLY shoot on Monday the 1st at the SSAA Harry Madden range (On the other side of the bellmont complex), and this can be found on the last section of the nomination forms under “SSAA”.

We are planning to have lunch available to shooters on both days from QRA catering at a modest cost. We need to advise catering of the number of people who would like lunch provided so anyone interested can contact me directly via PM or at trentech@optusnet.com.au Last year they provided sandwiches etc, however they tell me that they now have a mobile BBQ so it may well be BBQ instead. I’ll keep everyone informed as I know more. We are also planning to host an informal dinner function on the Saturday night at the onsite QRA Facilities. Costs for the dinner are yet to be advised but should be around the $25 mark for a main and a desert. This was a great success last year and we would highly recommend it. Booking is essential though so anyone interested can you advise me ASAP if you would like to attend the dinner. Of course family and friends are most welcome to attend also..

Cheers
Leeroy