Possible IBS 1000 YD rule change.

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Possible IBS 1000 YD rule change.

Post by Tony Z »

Have a read of this

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?699 ... ule-Change

While this is not a new topic as it has come up before, it may change things here at some time. What are your thoughts on this one?
My thoughts are that HG should be open, completely open, only limiting the rails out of it. If a LG is permitted to have a brake while entered as a HG, then so should a HG. This is an attempt to gain parity between a LG competing against a HG without a brake. Don't know why someone would want to do this, but there are some that wish to. I always thought that a braked LG was done so as to use the big cases and bullets that a pipsqueak 6 mm didn't while keeping recoil to a moderate level. Sort of gaining an edge without the side effect. To take it into the HG class is no real advantage in my view as a proper HG, even without a brake, should show the LG how it's done.
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Re: Possible IBS 1000 YD rule change.

Post by Mick »

Pretty much agree. Either let all guns have a brake, or leave things as they are. This half measure is for ladies who can't deal with recoil.
Ian D
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm jacko

Post by Ian D »

light guns can stay as they are, allow brakes on heavy guns would be good as i could halve the weight of my HG to about 30lb an make life a bit easier for me at the bench.

cheers
Aussie_bob
Favourite Cartridge: 30BR

Post by Aussie_bob »

No brakes,
If a light gun wants to compete in heavy, fine why not just slip a stainless shoe over the front of the stock to add a bit of weight and a weight on the back as well. But if a light gun is shooting well and wants to run with the big boys go for it.