t!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Sam Walker
.222 Remington

Post by Sam Walker »

Thanks Jeff, I'll watch this space

regards
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Reamers!

Post by a.JR »

s
Last edited by a.JR on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woob614271
17Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 17Rem, 22.250AI, 308

Post by woob614271 »

For an inexpensive fly gun, read the article in the Jan-March 2007 edition of Gunsn'Game; the stock might push the price up a bit though!
the WOOB
Sam Walker
.222 Remington

Post by Sam Walker »

woob614271 wrote:For an inexpensive fly gun, read the article in the Jan-March 2007 edition of Gunsn'Game; the stock might push the price up a bit though!
the WOOB
Did you read the thread from the beginning ? It's actually the April- June issue of Guns'n'Game BTW. Surely that story will inspire a few more people to get an Omark project going. Interesting pix showing an unusual recoil lug arrangement...
Mullet

Post by Mullet »

Did anyone finish one of these?
albow
.257 Roberts

Post by albow »

Sure did Mullet :D :D

The thread below is of the one that I built earlier this year and at the moment you could say I am pretty happy with it :D

First outing at 1000yd shot a 93 score with a 8.2" group agg, second outing at the fly shot a 223 and shot a couple of 193 scores in the 600yd matches.

http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1443

It may be a budget rifle but if put together right they will shoot the scores.
woob614271
17Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 17Rem, 22.250AI, 308

Post by woob614271 »

Especially the way that Albow drives it!
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Did we end up finding supply of the actions?

As a fairly new member I hadn't seen this post but am thinking of getting started in L/R and I am on a budget so this fits this bill. Will probably go down a similar route as Alpal and make my own stock. Is there any design limitations that I have to follow width etc or whatever goes?

With the actions do I need to get a PTA etc for the action?? I am in NSW.

I have access to a lathe so would like to do as much myself (well the old man will helpout :) but very new to target competition so need plenty of Guidance :D

Ryan
albow
.257 Roberts

Post by albow »

Hi Stinkitup

I got my action from the Victorian Rifle Association, I believe that the South Australian Rifle Association has some along with the Queensland Rifle Association - though the QRA were posing rather difficult to get them from.

Give these guys a call and see what they have if you are looking for an action.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

When asking about actions I noticed on the sara site there is quite abit for the omark's what exactly do I ask for

an omark action? what does the "action" include do I need to organise an omark trigger or is there better alternatives?

Cheers
Ryan
albow
.257 Roberts

Post by albow »

Just depends on what you want. When I got mine it was just the action and trigger.

Some sell old rifles at varying levels of useability but as I was putting a new match barrell etc on it all I wanted was the action and trigger so didn't see the point in paying the extra for the whole rifle.

Some may even have an aftermarket barrell already fitted and if so may come with an adaptor. Have a chat to the guys that run the stores and they will be pretty helpful.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

stinkitup,

Theres lots of Omarks around and you can get what you want really, you just need to shop around a bit. I saw am Omark in near perfect condition for about $450.

cheers
Rinso
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Thanks for the tips guys. I rang the sara shop they have a couple of donor rifles with omark actions, said the rifles are pretty ordinary but only after the action so no biggy, they are after about 150-200 for them but as they are in SA I will look around and ask around the clubs locally and see what I can dig up.

Not in a rush so thanks again.