Why no 7mms in LRBR Comps

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Re: Why no 7mms in LRBR Comps

Post by RDavies »

Yes, I agree Tony. If they dont bring in a 15-20 delay from when the shot is fired until you can shoot again, then yes, there will be more advantage to those who spend the bucks on right bolt/left port rifles. (Or as I am building, a left bolt/left port, fired right handed).
It will follow 1000yd BR trends, a bit more of an equipment race/tuning comp, than a wind reading competition.

It is split half way between those who want delays and those who dont.
I am more of a wind reader and would prefer a delay, but naturaly, I will build guns to let me machine gun when the conditions call for it.
I have been saving my 22BR for electronic targets (500M, not 1000yds) because I can machine gun it so easily.

I think the best way for electronic target would be as soon as the shot is registered by the target, it should indicate the location by a flashing spotter, so we know it registered the shot, but wont allow allow, or register another shot until it stops flashing after 15-20 seconds.