Rimfire Target Rifle Shooting Forum?

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Re: Rimfire Target Rifle Shooting Forum?

Post by Curtley78 »

stinkitup wrote:Got to love the old Lithgow's Andrew
All these firearms (and never enough money).

One of my next acquisitions (after the Walther, Marlin and having the Remington and Winchester eventually rebarreled) will be to find an old Sportco 62S and have it fitted with a custom barrel and into a BR style stock.

Regards

Sean
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Yes I've let a few lithgow's go but would love to find one ine a little rough condition and go a new barrel, bed and stock and see what she can do.
SnipeWench
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .50cal

The Answer to A Question

Post by SnipeWench »

I asked a question way back in my first post, and then re-stated it a bit later on (but alas, the Q was lost in the background noise) - where to find a decent prone target rifle?

That search ended on the weekend, and I took delivery of a second-hand, but immaculate, Anschutz 1907 in an aluminium stock. Beautiful rifle! What sealed the deal for me though was all the associated bits n pieces, including a Leupy spotting scope, mat, shooting glasses, etc.

I went to St Marys this evening to have a shoot of the Annie, took the hand-stop off it, and fired it off my bench rest. It took a while to find a suitable target, but once I did find one, I started drilling rounds through the target with 5-shot groups no bigger than a pinkie finger nail (note no scope, but peep sights). The guys down at Sutherland all said that that rifle could shoot, and they were right!

So, all I need now is a jacket and glove, and I'm set for prone shooting!

Yip Yah!

- bec
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

My oh my ,how things have progressed.!!! :lol: :lol:
Native
SnipeWench
.17 HMR

Post by SnipeWench »

Yeah, how things have changed!

*laugh*
SnipeWench
.17 HMR

Post by SnipeWench »

Just to give ya an idea of how things have changed, just check out the following chart.

I graph all of my prone scores, so I can see how I'm tracking. I also graph the individual target scores, and the number of 6,7,8,9,10,X scored per target.

I found that my first target picture (the first 5 scoring shots) is usually my best, with the next target pic my worst, and I attribute that to not resting between the first and second targets. That's what graphs are for.
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Snipe- You have way too much time on your hands.!!! :lol: