The rising costs in competition

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Re: The rising costs in competition

Post by 1kshot »

Davies said
a barrel cost $20 and a new scope costs $50 OK
shut the heck up the boss might hear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still better than runnin the 375 to 50 cals I cringe every time I have to pick up projectiles and fork out 80 bucks/50 for a box of pills let alone pouring powder into the cases and then replacing brass :( :( :(

But ya got ta love it and its still cheaper than sex drugs and rocknroll :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best
John
als008
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Post by als008 »

Im now starting to see how much all this caper is starting to build up in $$$.

But its all good fun....
Aussie_bob
Favourite Cartridge: 30BR

Post by Aussie_bob »

Well fellas mine cost about 65cents per shot. Unlike Top-em-up Tony i just put in the powder that is required And could more than load two cases with the amount of powder that a.JR uses.
My barrel has lasted over 3 thousand rnds and still going sure it may not do as good at 1000yards but it does get there cleanly 2 x 8`s 2 x9`s and a 6 on both targets. And is definatly more of a challenge to shoot at that range.
I now have built another rifle just slightly bigger but still just as cheap to run, cant wait to get up there and try it out.
Budget benchrest thats what we need to start. A section where it costs less than a dollar a shot taking into account
Barrel life, Case, Primers, Powder, Projectiles Most light guns should come into that depending on Barrel life :rifle: