3rd time... almost lucky

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
AlanF

Re: 3rd time... almost lucky

Post by AlanF »

Macca,

I detect a competitive streak there so won't give up you yet :D :D .

Alan
Klicker
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223,6BR, 6.5x55, 7RM

Post by Klicker »

Macca, Gosford's OPM is now allowing Open shooters too, Alan F you might also be interested if you don't already know. Its one day, I think its on the 25/10/09. we'll be shooting on the super v, not as nice at the decimal, but its an Open with Open.. so I'm going but using one of Rod davies rifles, top fella that one :)
bowhunter
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6BRX

Post by bowhunter »

Klicker,
more info on the Gosford shoots, please.

cheers
bowhunter
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

Bowhunter. The shoot is at Kariong range at Gosford on 25th October. 3x 500 yds. PM me if you need any info on how to get to the range or need any equipment to compete. By the look of it, you only live a few minutes away from me.
Macca, you dont have to do the lead up for the Queens to get a feel for the range, some have done OK there on there first visit using a lttle 22BR as well I,m told.
BradY, PM me your address and I will send you those JLKs.
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

Brad Y wrote:....caldwell "rock BR" rests (flavour of the month and my wallet is drooling at one right now)....
G'day Brad,

This is all I use and they work exceptionally well just acquire a better front bag such as a protek or something and well done with your recent result.

Regards

Sean
Klicker
.17 HMR

Post by Klicker »

I just use the Rock, not the BR edition.. significantly less $$$ and all the features I've needed for "Effie" IMHO..

http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/c ... t=the-rock

I use the caldwell 3" bag, but I would recommend as sean does, a better front bag, its pretty average to be honest.
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

Klicker,

Mine is like yours the 'Rock' and not the BR model. I misread the post.

However I have been tempted to acquire a Barry Edgley joy stick variant although I can't see it improving the girls let alone my scores-not with Small Bore anyway.

Regards

Sean
Klicker
.17 HMR

Post by Klicker »

for me the criteria is if it holds the rifle up, and is stable its works.. so far the non BR version has been fine, and I think I would actually prefer it for F Class as the legs are evenly spread (like the merc star) which IMO would suite the F Class mound a little better, the BR version would be fine off the bench, but I'm not sure how stable latterally they would be, especially on some of the mounds i've shot on.. Admittedly there are some improvements to be made to our unit Sean, one being a smoother turning "nut" to lift or drop the rest, but I can't complain, I've shot my first 60's off it in the last couple of months and I'm sure I'll shoot many more off it without modifying it.