Target shoots

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
doidge5781
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Target shoots

Post by doidge5781 »

Hi all im new to this site and just wanted some advice on target disciplines i live in Castlemaine Vic so Castlemaine ,Wellsford (bendigo)and Marong are the closest ranges available to me. I own a pretty accurate .223 howa and was wanting to get into some form of target shooting but there is some limitations to what im after.

1. Must be supported either bench or bipod (rifle to heavy for offhand)
2. Must be at reasonable ranges (as im using factory ammo and dont reload so heavier projectiles are out)

My rifle is completely stock factory heavy barrel thumbhole stock with 4-16x56 scope the only modification to the gun is a trigger shoe.

So what does that leave me with any suggestions?
petevm

Re: Target shoots

Post by petevm »

Contact Ross McLeod (of the Melbourne Benchrest Club) on 03-52753317. He organises friendly matches for 'factory' rifles over 100 & 200 yards at Eagle Park rifle range near little River.
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'Day Doidge,
Castlemaine are running a F class shoot on the 1st Nov, 300,500,600yds if the VRA calendar is correct. You most likely have a go there, just need a bipod, I'd suggest you front up and have a chat to Barry Davies who runs the show and he'll set you straight.

F class is fairly popular Australia wide, and the Littele river matches are very good too for factory rifles

I'll be shooting open class at castlemaine with the dark blue rifle with "Australia" written on it. :wink:

Cheerio Ned
Quick
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm-08AI

Post by Quick »

+1 on the F-Class. F-Standard or F-Open would be good for your rifle I think. Or you could be adventous and buy a Omark ($200 - $400) and shoot Fullbore!!!! Its tons of fun!!
doidge5781
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by doidge5781 »

Thanx for the direction fellas might pop in on the 1st if ive got the day off work.