New Glasses at 1000yds

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

New Glasses at 1000yds

Post by a.JR »

s
Last edited by a.JR on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
albow
.257 Roberts

Re: New Glasses at 1000yds

Post by albow »

a.JR wrote:..JR..old jeff
Does that mean it becomes O.JR instead of a.JR :mrgreen:
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Does that mean it becomes O.JR instead of a.JR
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will send you a sympathy card Jeff.......I need em too but I have been putting it off for as long as I can.....gawd I just don't want em nup.. nup... nup ...but if it helps me shoot better.....hmmmmmm :lol:

KY
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

s
Last edited by a.JR on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

I found every crap bullet from every odd batch i have ever had and threw every charge into the Remington 375 cases without weighing them, 3 grains extra powder to compensate for the loose bore, seated the bullets 100 thou further into the case, and then stood 10 metres behind Greg when he pulled the trigger. Case came out ok and he had all his fingers and hair, so the guess was a good one. Nothing like scientific load developement :mrgreen:
The barrel had 38 rounds through it after Greg finished the second target and the thing still cleaned up ok. The only way i reckon this barrel is going to die is by replacing the powder with Semtex. All in all Greg shot very well for a first outing and it underlines what Jeff and i have been saying for years, with a LG you will learn just how bad a gun can handle, but with a HG you will learn how well a gun can shoot. LGs are for the seasoned shooter and HGs should be where all new shooters should go first.

Tony Z.
bowhunter
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6BRX

Post by bowhunter »

Hi a.JR., know the feeling with the glasses well, can,t see for shit up close with out them, can't see for shit at distance with them, got to love this time of life.

As for TZ's thoughts about HG v's LG, probably has merit (knowing Tony), but not everbody wants to cart a heavy gun around these days, but hell, what do I know, after the procal cup, could have scored better throwing darts.

Have often considered a heavy gun, what to do?, what to do?

cheers
bowhunter
doidge5781
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by doidge5781 »

I dunno how old most of you guys are but laser surgery might be an option i got mine done about 5 years ago (i was 25yo)my god was the best thing i ever spent money on but very pricey $4200 both eyes, i could not see a rabbit at 100yrds without my glasses now anything inside 300yrds with my .223 is considered dead. It is not for some but you can get free consultations now to test if you are suitable a week off work and your good to go, use drops and shit for about 1 month, after 2-3 months better 20/20 ftw!!!
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

The last time i talked to JR about his eyesight, he told me that he would trade his dick in for a new set of eyeballs. I'm guessing he doesn't use his dick anymore :mrgreen:

Tony Z.
Attachments
BlindMan.jpg
BlindMan.jpg (40.63 KiB) Viewed 629 times
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

My eyes are finally starting to demand more help reading and working on the computer.So far the scope is still enough at the range.
Given the amount of sunglasses I break at work I'm not looking forward to wearing them all the time. :cry:
Actually a.JR this is the handicap you recive for so many years of top scores in HG. :lol: It so everyone else gets a chance. :wink:

Getting old can be a drag sometimes.

Have a good one,
Macca
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

JR,TZ,

Bloody good effort by your mate Greg. Great to see a newcomer doing well at his first shoot.....ya have him hooked now :D

Sounds like the pills all rattled out the muzzle about the same time :lol: I have yet to experience when a barrell gives up and everyone I ask says "you will know when it does" I have a PPC that should have been dead a long time ago...gawd knows how many shots it's fired....no doubt I will find out at the wrong time with it :roll:

Bowhunter,

Can I convert you to 7mm... :D I know a bloke who has a barrell for sale.....I can help you spend your money ya know :lol: :lol: :lol:

doidge,

Mate.....$4200 is about what a new gun would cost...eeek :lol:

KY
Wiz
.17 HMR

Post by Wiz »

Tony Z wrote: 3 grains extra powder to compensate for the loose bore, seated the bullets 100 thou further into the case, and then stood 10 metres behind Greg when he pulled the trigger. Tony Z.

I seem to recall a Tikka leaving home in one piece and returning to Equinna court in 3 or more a few years ago.... Is that what happened there ? :twisted: