1000ydBR website

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

1000ydBR website

Post by Brad Y »

We are still fairly new to it (Busselton Rifle Club) but speaking to DG and I suggested an Aussie 1k BR website to promote the sport would be a good thing. I'm capable of getting it set up, just wondering if the rest of the 1k BR community would be in favour of it and willing to help fill it with info?

Thoughts?
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Re: 1000ydBR website

Post by justjeff »

Hi Brad,

I would be willing to help with info, however I would change the title to Long Range Benchrest, we hope to be shooting 600yd IBS here in Townsville soon, so a site covering both would be good. Doubt you would get the Fly guys though, they already have their little set up.

By the way, do you need any more 1000yd targets? I just got 400 in from the US, $2.37 landed, so that plus postage to you if you are interested.

Jeff
Leeroy
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47 Lapua

Post by Leeroy »

G'day Brad

The Brisbane club has a pretty good website with results etc, might be worth talking to them about expanding the site to include national results?
http://brisbane1000yardbenchrest.com.au/index.html

Cheers
Leeroy
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Jeff- no we are right for now, only have 2 benches but have just been approved for 4 more. We patch our targets unless a potential record is shot. Plus if we want to do an informal practice we have the ibs target definitions on our kongsberg electronic targets. Of course we can incorporate 600 as well under the long range title.

Leeroy- that could be done and would save a lot of time. However to make it an information page about Australia long range benchrest I would think the website address should reflect that not specifically one club. Our club will have our own website section once we can install benches and can cater for all the shooters wanting to have a go as well. But I think a general overview page with all club results, rules, records, some features on prominent shooters and what they use etc would be beneficial and cost next to nothing to make up and run.
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

Hi Brad , I think your idea of a dedicated website that's not directly connected to a particular club is a great idea ..Having a forum feature so that new guys can share in the info with the one's that have years of experience would be super but still a lot of work.. Good luck with your project..JR.. Jeff Rogers.......................................................
Brad Y wrote:Jeff- no we are right for now, only have 2 benches but have just been approved for 4 more. We patch our targets unless a potential record is shot. Plus if we want to do an informal practice we have the ibs target definitions on our kongsberg electronic targets. Of course we can incorporate 600 as well under the long range title.

Leeroy- that could be done and would save a lot of time. However to make it an information page about Australia long range benchrest I would think the website address should reflect that not specifically one club. Our club will have our own website section once we can install benches and can cater for all the shooters wanting to have a go as well. But I think a general overview page with all club results, rules, records, some features on prominent shooters and what they use etc would be beneficial and cost next to nothing to make up and run.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Thanks Jeff

As one of the guys that has done it for a while, your input is very valued. Thank you.
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

Only since '95.. I shot fly first because that's all there was starting 1995 with my silhouette rifle ,1st real gun in '97 then i started 1000yd in 2000 up here by joining the IBS group from the US ..I still think about competition being a better thing if it is truly international ..At that time there was only Cantberra and us shootin 1K..Although i haven't fired a shot since NOV 2012 i still keep on top of what is going on from around AUST through various phone contacts at most of the different ranges( specially when they do good ).. Your website can only positively foster 1000yd benchrest and that is a Good thing as i consider it to be the hardest and best event i have competed in so far ..JR.. Jeff Rogers.. ps .. we did have a short go at IBS 600 yd and my 2.00inch 4 target day ag still sticks in my mind , would bring a big smile to my face to see the whole International Benchrest Shooters(IBS) format incorporated into the Australian LRBR scene ..
Brad Y wrote:Thanks Jeff

As one of the guys that has done it for a while, your input is very valued. Thank you.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Thanks Jeff.

Any other clubs interested in helping out? Ive started to put together something with the webs.com based builder. Free, easy and the sites are well presented. Support is there as well for any technical stuff. At the moment Im looking at a members section where individual clubs can have contact details/fixtures up and some photos, a results section, a records section, some photos, a library of articles that are related to 600 and 1000yd BR shooting both domestically and internationally, links to other related sites... anything else?

At the end of the day its there for promotion of the sport so would be great to get all club details to go on it and their up to date results.

A discussion forum is an option, though the web is fairly well supported by shooting related forums and this one is working well.
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Post by justjeff »

Brad,

I think you can assume that the Townsville group are behind you. It's fair to say there we have a small amount of knowledge we can share. I would like to think that some of the southern clubs could also help out.

Jeff
ratshot
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 6 dasher

Post by ratshot »

Go for it Brad, it would be great to have somewhere to see range records and oz records for 1k and 600 , but would also like to see this section on ausvarmint continue as it may encourage more people to join in (thanks KJD or the use of this forum) cheers Paul...