Trigger ID

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Whitty
Favourite Cartridge: .222

Trigger ID

Post by Whitty »

I need some help identifying the trigger in the pics below. I recently purchased a Remington 700, trued action with Sako extractor and a match trigger. The trigger breaks at less than 6oz which is fine for BR, but I am thinking of building a F standard rifle with it. Does any one know the manufacturer of this trigger and if it is possible to increase the pull weight? There is no provision for a safety or bolt release and the trigger shoe looks like it is adjustable. There are no markings on the housing.
Cheers,
Shaun
Attachments
IMG_3229.JPG
IMG_3227.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: Trigger ID

Post by Brad Y »

I would say those two grub screws might have something to do with adjusting it. Especially if they have been locked in place with locktite.

As to the maker, Im clueless.
Peter Armstrong
Favourite Cartridge: 22

Post by Peter Armstrong »

Shaun
I'd need to look it up, but I think Remington did make triggers like that for thier BR guns and then because of cost had Hart make a similar trigger and Hart still makes that trigger.

Peter
singleshot
.17 HMR

Post by singleshot »

Looks like a Hart Trigger. They used to modify Remington triggers then made their own....a long time ago that is. I have 2 of these but they are stamped " RW Hart". If so only suitable as a light pull trigger.

Hope this helps, Cameron
Whitty
Favourite Cartridge: .222

Post by Whitty »

Thank you Peter and Cameron, your been a great help.